Gorilla Cards

Tags id-card

The PSU Gorilla Card is the official photo ID card for Pittsburg State University. All students, staff, and faculty will need this card whenever asked to present university identification. You are able to open a university account, called Banana Bucks, through the Gorilla Card Office located in Whitesitt Hall room 109. Funds in your Banana Bucks account may be used to purchase a range of services. The card may be used all over campus. To see a list where you can use the card, click here.

All students, staff, and faculty will have a Gorilla Card made with their photograph and ID number. To receive your card, just stop by the Gorilla Card Office between 7:45 AM to 6:00 PM, 7:45 AM to 4:30 PM on Fridays or when Classes are not in session. Bring your driver's license or other valid form of identification. There is no cost for your first PSU Gorilla Card.


  • With the exceptions below, students must be enrolled in classes for the current or upcoming semester to receive a new (or replace their old) Gorilla Card.
  • Participants in Pitt C.A.R.E.S. and other PSU orientation sessions usually receive their first Gorilla Card during these sessions.
  • Students admitted to PSU through the International Programs and Services Office may receive their Gorilla Card before actual enrollment in classes when approved by the Director of International Affairs. Please contact that office for approval and other information before visiting the Gorilla Card Office to get your first Gorilla Card.


  • New employees must have completed all required employment documents with Human Resources Services and have a PSU ID Number assigned before a Gorilla Card can be issued.
  • Employees working for employers affiliated with PSU (including, but not limited to, food service, bookstore, and ROTC) may request a Gorilla Card.
  • Retired employees of PSU receive a new Gorilla Card after retirement through the President’s Office. If a photo is not available, a card will be created without a photo. This card can be exchanged for a Gorilla Card with a photo by visiting the Gorilla Card Office.
  • Employees taking PSU classes will be issued only one Gorilla Card with their status indicated as Faculty or Staff.

Photo Identification Requirements

  • Proper photo identification is required before a Gorilla Card will be issued with a photo. No exceptions. Acceptable forms of photo identification include:
    • Matricula Consular issued by a consulate's office from Mexico
    • Current Passport, from country other that US, with photo and valid I-94 or I-551 card or stamp
    • Military Dependent ID with photo
    • Current Military ID with photo
    • Current US Passport with photo
    • Identification Card with photo, issued by state or Territory of the US
    • Driver's License with photo, issued by state or territory of the US


Your official name, as it appears in the university records system, will print on your card. The name on the photo ID you present for verification must match.


Was this helpful?
0 reviews


Article ID: 33387
Mon 7/17/17 9:46 AM
Mon 7/17/17 9:56 AM

Related Articles (1)

What are and where to use Banana Bucks